van Laack “Royal”: Everything you would expect from a premium shirt.
Finest cotton. First-class workmanship. Easy-care finish.
In 1881 Heinrich van Laack started out in Berlin with a vision: To create the most luxurious dress shirt. Under the “van Laack – the royal shirt” slogan, his shirts became status symbols in the 1920s and one of the first brand name products in the apparel segment. Today, the van Laack brand stands for premium shirts and blouses the world over.
The sensational feeling of especially fine, dense poplin on your skin.
The select long-staple cotton comes from the best growing regions in the world – Peru, the US and Egypt. It is spun into a delicate 120Nm fine yarn (120metres or 131yds of this yarn only weigh one gramme). This not only produces a poplin fabric that is opaque and hardwearing, but one that is also exceptionally fine and airy. A special finish gives it a silky appearance and a texture that is soft and smooth.
Choose between 2 fits and 2 colours: “Tailor fit” is the regular cut: Slightly fitted with 2 rear darts – contemporary but comfortable. “Slim fit” is the currently trendy body contouring fit with 2 rear darts. Length for both versions: 82.5cm (32.5") in collar size 16". Moderately spread shark collar. In white or light blue. 100% cotton. Contains non-textile parts of animal origin (buttons). Machine wash, easy care.
Characteristics that make a van Laack shirt second to none:• Fine poplin made of super fine spun long-staple cotton.
• The seams are densely sewn using 8 stitches per cm instead of the usual 5 or 6 which makes them especially hardwearing.
• The side seams are subjected to a lot of stress and are therefore finished with genuine 6mm wide felled seams.
• 3-hole buttons made of indestructible nacre from the Trochacea Nautilus snail.
• The buttons are sewn on stems which makes them especially durable as well as easy to open.
• 160 buttonhole stitches ensure buttonholes don’t fray.
• Special napped cotton interfacing in collar and cuffs for a perfected fit.